Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Something to think about

what are our ideals?
How much are we in control of ourselves?
How well do we know ourselves?
My ideal life basically consists of being happy and striving to make others happy too. waking up everyday to the ones i love. taking each breathe as it comes and not having any regrets. To live each minute as a miracle that is unrepeatable, which is exactly what it is, a miracle and unrepeatable. Ill strive to be the best i can and achieve success. I mean who doesn't want to be happy? Who doesn't want to love their life? I believe that as long as i have happiness and love in my life it will be perfection. In my next thirty years i see myself out of college and pursuing a career in athletic training, with a family of course. I just want to be surrounded by my friends and family.
When asked how much are we in control of ourselves i have to reflect on all the strong influences in my life. The main one would be God, and my religion. It is because of my religion that i know how to choose from right and wrong. I'm not always sure if what i am doing is right, but that is what my savior asks of me so i have an obligation to do it. Another strong influence on every one's life would be their government. Sure people are always saying that they want to be rebellious but it could just because the government gives you these restrictions. With out them telling you not to, do you actually think you would attempt to do it?
How well do i know myself? well in all honesty, i don't. i know for a fact i don't know my true self. i only know what people have told me. People always tell me i am a happy person that is always smiling and in a good mood. The truth is i don't always feel that way, but that is they way i act because that is what people expect from me. i know i always try to live up to my expectations even if i don't feel like it. i feel like if i don't then i wont be happy, and if I'm not happy i wont be able to live my ideal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment