Monday, October 12, 2009

Gone but not Forgotten

Your smile was as bright as the sun and your eyes like those of the stars at night. I remember hearing your laugh and tousling your hair. You were like a brother to me, I loved you. what if i had asked you to stay with me that night. maybe I should have just taken your keys. I never should have let you get into that car. But you did, and now you are gone. Gone forever, and I will never get to see you again until we meet in heaven.
that night when I got that call, my heart sank and I couldn't breathe, I felt it was all my fault. I loved you, my best friend. All it took was one night and god took you away from me. I will never forget how you made me laugh or how happy you made me. Every time I drive past your cross on the side of the road i think about you, and I stop and pray for your soul, that you will forever be happy wherever you are.
I miss you, and I love you, my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment