Sunday, November 29, 2009

R.I.P. Danny Boi


"Cryin' for Me"
I'm going to miss that smile
I'm going to miss you my friend
Even though it hurts the way it ended up
ill do it all again

So play it sweet in heaven
Cause that's right where you want to be
I'm not cryin' cause i feel sorry for you
I am cryin' for me!
On Sunday November 22, 2009 we got a phone call to tell us that he had died. Immediately i started crying. I was in shock, how could something like that happen. It all seemed so surreal. little Danny Boi was gone forever. All day Sunday i pondered on weather or not it was too soon too call the family to see how things were. I know that it would of been fine, but if it were me i don't know if i would want to talk to anyone; So i waited. The next day at school i saw his sister. She and i used to be so close, and all i wanted to do was to hug her and let her know that i was here for her. This family had already been through so much, and now they lost a son, a brother, and a best friend. Joshua James Calhoun was only 19 when he passed. It happened so quickly and part of me didnt want to believe that it had actually happened. On Wednesday November 25, 2009 at 1pm i went to church and prayed for him. I fell apart as i watched his family and many, many friends walk his casket down the aisle. It was almost like a sign from god but, just as the priest was blessing the casket, a beam of light shown through the stain glass windows onto his family. It was like he was trying to comfort them and let them know he was in a better place. The toughest part was watching his group of friends kneel down and then tap his casket one last time. It was so painfully sad to watch them tell their best friend good bye for the last time. As we stood there they played the Toby Keith song " Cryin for Me", and Shinedown's version of " Simpleman". Never will we forget you smile, your laugh, or the memories we shared. You will forever be missed Danny Boi!
R.I.P. Joshua James Calhoun

No comments:

Post a Comment