Monday, January 10, 2011

Senior Sweet 16

At the beginning of each school year, a Senior Sweet 16 committee is formed to recognize seniors for their dedication to leadership and achievement. The members of this committee are formed from faculty here at Apollo High School. All AHS teachers are asked to nominate senior students whom they have witnessed outstanding leadership skills, dedication to achievements in academics, clubs, organizations, or athletics. Approximately 40 students are nominated for Senior Sweet Sixteen. Getting called out of class was intense and yet I felt bad for those whose name did not get called. Is it wrong for me to be happy? I hid my feelings the best I could. On the outside I was calm and casual, but on the inside I was jumping and screaming. I could of almost burst I was so excited. On January 21, 2011 during half time of the DC boy's basketball game my name and 15 others will be called. At the end of the year we also get to go to a luncheon. Im not sure why this means so much to me but, I am so over joyed I cant even explain!
YAYY!

No comments:

Post a Comment