Monday, September 28, 2009

ughh math

Ok so it is the first day of math class and mrs. R gives us this sheet of paper. On this paper is a 5x5 chart and at the top it says bingo. Great!I thought, I love bingo! then she begins to tell us what this paper is for. She tells us that we have to do these assignments; at least five of them. Luckily we were able to talk her out of making us do an actual row straight across, straight down, or diagonally, because honestly this assignment was hard for me. So of course in my nature i wait till the last minute to begin. Not because i like to procrastinate, but because i really had no clue of what to write about.
So it all starts with Mrs. R's first lesson. Our first set of notes are about linear and quadratic functions. She taught us how to place these functions in our calculator and then to graph them. Then we took time to analyze the graphs to find the x and y intercepts, the maximum and the minimum, and the domain and range. All of this seemed so easy to me because it is like review being as i was in and honors class last year.
The next day on August 21, 2009 she went over three more things: in finding the increasing values, the decreasing values, and determining if the symmetry of the function was even, odd, or neither.
On August 25, 2009 Ms. Rosi brings up the dreaded word. this word i hate more than anything, haha factoring. Of course this is review for me, but i still find it difficult to comprehend. this year i am doing things differently. I am sitting in the front row, i think helps me out alot, because it allows me to stay focused. After today with our little brush up on factoring i think i got it down. YAYYY!
Skipping ahead to August 31, 2009 Ms. Rosi goes over division of polynomials and how to do the short cut. i myself love short cuts. this shortcut was called synthetic division. which can only be used when you are dividing by x to the first power. if not then you have to do long division. blech which is never fun.
On September 17, 2009 we take notes over how to find vertical asymptotes. these are always fun. Out of all that we have done so far i think graphing has been the most fun. i don't know why though, i guess because it is so easy for me. we also learned what a hole was and how it can alter the way we draw our graph.
Ok so now we are about half way done with the nine weeks and i am getting really tired of just reviewing stuff all the time. It makes me mad how every five seconds someone is asking how to find something. Nobody pays attention in class and i feel like we aren't getting anywhere because of their constant complaining. UGHH!...I'm sorry i mean i guess i just don't like ignorant people. GOSh I'm mean.
On September 25, 2009 we learned how to divide and multiply rational functions, and again this is just another thing that is review for me, because i remember it from last year. Boy this sure is exciting. haha
On October 1, 2009 Ms. Rosi taught us how to find a Slant asymptote and or the Horizontal asymptote. All these which i get to add to things to find when i am graphing functions. all i got to say is I Love math class...haha wow
i cant wait till i get to learn something different. right now I'm not doing as well as i would like in that class. i don't know why, but Ms. Rosi says it is because i don't apply myself. I mean i am trying but i don't know maybe i should try harder.


No comments:

Post a Comment