Friday, February 12, 2010

An Adventure gone wrong

Monday i came to school and all i could think about was all this snow we were supposed to be getting. 3:15 rolled around and the announcements came on and basically told us that we needed to get home as soon as we could because the snow was on its way and they wanted us all off the roads and safe. That night i went to bed and when i woke up i ran to my window and saw a brand new blanket of white fluffiness. The first thing i did was call up my friend Haley. She is my best friend and we are with each other constantly, i consider her house to be my second home. Its like my home away from home. i always feel comfortable to be myself around her. So the first snow day we had i got myself over to her house and we set out on an adventure. So, we set out for the unknown. We walked to the very back of their property and decided to go into the woods. We crossed maybe 20 small lakes and several patches of thorns. We climbed over trees that had fallen from previous storms. We just let our imagination sore. We called the fallen trees mountains and the small streams oceans. We were gone for a good 4 hours just exploring the woods behind her house. Then we decided that it was getting too cold and we needed to go back. So i went to climb over the biggest Mountain we had seen all day. This mountain had fallen over a large body of frozen water. The thing is the ice on top of the water wasn't as thick as i had thought. I took one step and the ice broke in several places. So i stood on a small branch and tried to balance myself so i could get to the tree. Then out of nowhere my feet fly from out beneath me. i went straight through the frozen water and could not move. My friend Haley just stood there and laughed at me. i picked myself up on to find that i had dropped my camera on the water. That was the day i lost all my memories. i was just astonished that it had happened to me. Still shocked i began to cry, after that i basically i ran back to her house because we were both fed up with all this snow and coldness. This was my Adventure that went wrong. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment