Friday, February 26, 2010

Mirror Mirror On the Wall


There you are across the room, a reflection I constantly try to avoid.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall you show me who I really am.

I look up and see, automatically

I'm disgusted

Why do we judge our self so harshly?

I see my face, so blemished with freckles.

My eyes too close, my nose to wide, and my forehead to long.

So fed up with this outward appearance, I begin to look beneath my skin.

Mirror, mirror on the wall show me who I really am.

Now when I look up, I see determination.

I see a soul and eyes full of love.

NO longer will I compare myself to the "image"

Now when I look in the mirror, I see nothing but beauty, because I know this is how the Good Lord made me.

Mirror, Mirror on the wall, thank you for showing me who I really am.

2 comments:

  1. You are so beautiful: Inside and Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rijschool den haag Hofstad rijopleiding is écht gevestigd in Den Haag Wij helpen je met het behalen van je autorijbewijs na je rijexamen leer je pas echt autorijden Wij helpen je een heel eind op weg om het verkeer in Den Haag én in Nederland de baas te zijn Wij gaan voor kwalitatief rijden!

    ReplyDelete